Saturday, July 24, 2010

Projects Galore

There is something about all this great sunshine that makes me think I'm going to have boundless energy to actually accomplish all of the wonderful things running through my head all the time.  Things like, making the kids an outdoor table to match the darling clearance umbrellas I found them at Lowe's, sewing curtain panels for the basement to block off the soon to be "living area," acquiring a beautiful dining set that needs lots of love and attention before replacing the one in our dining room, and also a desk that I will be converting into a vanity for my room because our bathroom is a tadge (and by that I mean, massively) smaller than our last and I need a place to get ready.....not to mention the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, butt wiping, etc....not exactly projects though.  I'm not really sure what I was thinking, taking all of these on.  Oh.  Dear.  Now I'm remembering, I still haven't unpacked the kid's toys, books, or half of the bathroom.  Hmmm.  Hard to decide how to prioritize.  So, what did I do tonight after the kids went to bed....dishes you say, maybe switched the laundry and laid clothes out for church?  No.  Instead of scratching a project of my list or doing something productive for our home, I decided to sew myself a new skirt with some sweet fabric I found at value village for $1.99.  It's so cute, I might have to make one for my sister before she gets here next weekend.  I'll try to get a pic when I wear it to church tomorrow and post it here.  I guess I'll just have to add it to my "to do" list and then cross it off!

No comments: