Thursday, August 19, 2010

Calendar Project

Okay, this is my first project post and it's extremely simple.  I apologize for the awful picture, I'm missing the memory card for my camera!


Since we moved I've been trying to find a place for my white board calendars.  I don't especially like having them out for all to see so I've been looking for a place I would see them and could access them easily without them plastered on my living room wall.  I don't care if other people do it, it's just not my personal style! 


I decided the inside of my closet door would be a great place for them.  It's right next to my bed, the first thing I see in the morning and the door is usually open.   Yet I could close the door and have them hidden when necessary.  


I found a table runner on clearance at Target for $1.75ish a few weeks ago.  I liked the colors and knew I could use it for a project somewhere!  Alas - I found my project. 


I stapled the table runner to the back of both calendars and then stapled the top of the table runner to the top of the door (out of sight).  The table runner looks like a nice big ribbon and voila - it's done.  Now, we'll see how practical it is.  I do have a light in my closet, so I'm thinking it might be a great spot for phone calls when I need to get away from the kids. :)

1 comment:

Sarah M. said...

How come I have NOT seen this?!! Oh wait, its in your room. ;) Great idea!!!