Wednesday, September 01, 2010

tribute

65 years ago today, these two cuties:


tied the knot!  A few years later, they became a family like this:

and many years (and bad haircuts) later, this:

I grew up watching them do this:







Celebrating 50 years:

60 years







And, today would have been 65 years together.

But, this May, my Grandpa's life came to a peaceful end. 
He lived a long and beautiful life, full of love.

I miss him.  I miss them together.
 
The two of them, created a legacy of love that is to be admired, honored, and my hope, to be carried down through the generations of our family.  We will tell their stories, teach our children, and remember our lives together.

Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa.  You have inspired me (and many others) to persevere, because love isn't easy, but it's worth it.  Thank you for the legacy you leave us.




No comments: