Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Trip to Swedish

Hewitt and I head back over the mountains tonight.  We have been doing a lot of travelling these last few weeks so I'm glad this will be our last trip for a while.  We check in at Swedish at 8am tomorrow morning and will be having a 24-48 hour VEEG (video eeg) done on Hewitt.

I would definitely appreciate your prayers for patience for me and endurance for Hewitt!  Last time we did this he was 4.  I'm having a hard time imagining my active 6 year old hanging out in bed for 24-48 hours without some resistance!  We are equipped with books, books on cd, playaways, some school and some movies (Praise God for the library)!  Hopefully we'll be able to keep him distracted!

After upping his dose back in July we will be looking for any seizure activity they didn't catch on the 1 hour EEG back in July.  Also for any other activity while he is sleeping.  He often has "episodes" at night that are very strange and we are trying to find out if those episodes are seizure related or something else!  I will update when we get home.  Our epileptologist will be monitoring him at the hospital which is great, we haven't seen him in a long time so it will be nice to have his feedback on everything.

No comments: