Wednesday, November 14, 2012



















We were given a generous amount of apples from a local orchard this week and while we will be able to store a lot of them to eat through the winter, there are a whole lot that I need to process now.  I have been looking for recipes online and these are the following I'm going to give a try this week.

From Brown Eyed Baker I thought this apple crisp looked pretty fun!  I love baking things in my skillet!

I'm excited to make a few things in my crock pot and this applesauce recipe from how does she? looks pretty painless.  My older boys could probably even do it.

Like this blogger, apple butter reminds me of my Grandma. I haven't had apple butter to this day that I like as much as hers.  But, she is no longer with us and hasn't been for a long time, so I am going to give this simple crockpot recipe a try.

I don't have all the supplies (specifically this Victorio Food Strainer) for this applesauce canning tutorial but I am pinning it in pinterest for future use.  If you have all the supplies it is a great tutorial on how to can applesauce.  Make It. Do it. did a great job putting it together.  It's very simple and easy to follow and makes me feel like I might be able to can someday!

I tried this Apple Sharlotka recipe out on Friday from Smitten Kitchen.  It is a quick recipe to throw together and although it's a "cake" recipe it's heavy on fruit and has a bit of a custard flavor to it. I loved it!! I will definitely be adding it to my apple baking recipes for future use!

We are also going to use our juicer to make some fresh apple juice.  The boys have been asking me every day since the apples arrived.  So, that's on the list too!

I would love to hear about any of your favorite recipes.

Wish me luck, that's a big list for me!  I'll let you know how it goes.




No comments: