Saturday, May 10, 2008

Little Trooper

I was thinking about Hewitt today and all of the things he's gone through in the last 2 months...although he doesn't know when the seizures are happening he is fully aware of all of the Dr.'s visits. So, I was making a list in my mind of all the things he's had done. I am posting it partly for my sake so I don't forget, but also to say "good job Hewitt!" he's been a little trooper through all of this.

Since March 8th -
We've been to the ER 5 times, twice in an ambulance, had 3 appointments with the pediatric neurologist, 2 with his regular pediatrician, a ct scan, an EKG, an EEG, an MRI, about 4 blood draws, toxin blood screen, urine screen, glucose check, x-ray on his shoulder, and more seizures than we could count...our estimate is over 1500. And, of those, 17 were tonic-clonic (grand mal) type seizures in a period of 5 weeks. Whew! I'm exhausted all over again just reading about it. We are now 6 days seizure free. And, that means EVERYTHING. No head drops, myoclonics, NOTHING. All I can say is Praise God!

No comments: